Workshop and Creative Residency
Madrid (Spain), 16-20 November 2020
“Puppets & the New Domestic Narrative”
European Institute on Design (IED) of Madrid, partner of the european project “Puppets and Design”, organizes the Workshop and Creative Residency “Puppets & the New Domestic Narrative”.
- New narrative in contemporary Design and scenography,
- New narrative for puppeteering, culture, techniques and typologies,
- Digital production -sound and Animation-.
- work on the hybridization between traditional design techniques and artisan creation – handmade – of puppets and marionettes, with the design of animated digital environments and sounds for the creation of a work of “Hybrid” scenery and characters.
- investigate other ways of designing stories with common objects, how, by transforming them into puppets, we can bring them to life, and what would happen if all this happened in the “new normality”, with a new narrative. Thus, we will see the historical evolution of the puppets until the last examples that have emerged in the current pandemic.
- learn to understand both the narrative function and the theatrical function of contemporary design objects.
- go to work to create our little characters and their stories, ending in a hybrid show open to the public, without borders, thanks to the digital tools that have spread in our current scenario.
There will also be two Master Classes on design and narrative of puppets and marionettes, and on animation and applied sound, taught respectively by the Slovenian Visual and puppets Designer, Špela Trobec, and the Italian-Spanish independent film producer, Zampanò
IED Madrid, Palacio de Altamira Flor Alta 8 28004 Madrid;
Take a look at the results produced by the Workshop